Course Overview: This is a faster-paced course with the objective of teaching the students the tools and skills to survive and prevail in a deadly force encounter when armed with a handgun. A student assessment will begin the range portion of the class. Then students will learn and perform a number of defensive handgun drills designed to increase time on target and performance.
This is not an entry level course; students are expected to have already mastered basic handgun skills, safety, and the foundation of shooting drills. Students will also perform under a number of scenario based training exercises.
- Dealing with Multiple Threats
- Turning and Shooting
- Shooting While Moving
- Non-Standard Shooting Positions
- Utilization of Cover and Concealment
- Transitonng Shooting Positions
- Scenario based training (tactical exercises)
- Quality Functional Semi-Automatic Pistol
- 3 magazines minimum, or
- Modern double action revolver (6 Shooter)
- 4 loading devices (speed loaders, moon clips or speed strips)
- Belt mounted, dominant side concealment holster
- Magazine/ Loading Device Pouch(s)
- Sturdy Belt at least 1.5” wide
- Footwear suitable for rapid movement and turning.
- Clothing suitable for training in any weather. Pants must have belt loops.
- Wraparound eyewear, polycarbonate lenses or non-shattering prescription glasses
- 300 rounds of ammunition
Class size will be limited to 10 students.
This is a one day, 8 hour class
Course Cost $100
Pre-registration is required, please call 315-453-3660