This comprehensive one day class will encompass issues encountered by the legally armed citizen. Issues such as the justification and use of force, when and where appropriate, criminal and civil liability, weapon selection, methods of carrying concealed, maintenance of your weapon and support equipment and range training, including dynamic range exercises and written tests.
- Quality Functional Semi-Automatic Pistol
- 3 magazines minimum, or
- Modern double action revolver (6 Shooter)
- 2 loading devices (speed loaders, moon clips or speed strips)
- Belt mounted, dominant side concealment holster
- Magazine/ Loading Device Pouch(s)
- Sturdy Belt at least 1.5” wide
- Footwear suitable for rapid movement and turning.
- Clothing suitable for training in any weather. Pants must have belt loops.
- Wraparound eyewear, polycarbonate lenses or non-shattering prescription glasses
- 50 rounds of ammunition
This course is an approved prerequisite course by the licensing officer for persons applying for a full carry, unrestricted permit or upgrading their existing permit in Broome/Chenango County. All written tests and information will be kept on file in accordance with section 4616 of the NYS CPLR to be used on the student’s behalf in any trial, hearing or proceeding.
** The successful completion of this class does not guarantee the issuance of a full carry/unrestricted permit. The issuance of the permit is at the discretion and decision of the licensing officer.
** (This class has been and may still be acceptable to other county licensing officers, please call for information on your county. It also meets the training requirements for a FLORIDA CWP)
Course last for 8 hours
Preregistration is required, please call for information
Course Cost $150.00